Paton Personnel is committed to compliance with The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act and will always:
- Sufficiently inform Data Subjects (candidates/applicants/work-seekers hereafter referred to as “Candidate/s”) as to the specific purpose for which we will collect and process their personal information;
- Protect Personal Information from threats, whether internal or external, deliberate or accidental, to ensure business continuation, minimise business damage and maximise business opportunities.
All employees are responsible for adhering to this policy and for reporting any security breaches or incidents to the Information Officer.
Service Providers that provide IT and/or Off-site Data Storage services to our organisation must satisfy us that they provide adequate protection of data held by them on our behalf.
Accountability for Data to be collected
- We shall take reasonable steps to safeguard all Data and Personal Information collected from Candidates for the purpose of Permanent or Temporary recruitment.
Processing Limitation/Purpose for Data Collection
- We will collect personal information directly from Candidates.
- Personal Information from Social Networks and Job-seeker portals will be collected with express consent of the Candidate/s.
- Once in our possession we will only process or further process Candidate information with their consent, except where we are required to do so by law. In the latter case we will always inform the candidate.
- Personal information collected from Candidates will be used to secure Permanent or Temporary employment on behalf of Candidates.
Limitation on Further Processing
- `Personal information may not be further processed in a way that is incompatible with the initial purpose for which it was collected and will only be done with the express consent of the Candidate.
- We shall ensure that candidate information is complete, up to date and accurate before we use it. We will request Candidates, at least once annually, to update their information and confirm that we may continue to store/retain same. If we are unable to contact a candidate their information will be deleted from our records.
Transparency / Openness
- Where personal information is collected from a source other than directly from a Candidate (EG Social media, Job portals), we will make Candidates aware:
- That their information is being collected and the specific reason therefor;
- Who is collecting their information by giving them our details.
- We will implement sufficient measures to guard against the risk of unlawful access, loss, damage or destruction of personal information that is held:
- In our electronic data base;
- By a Data Storage Service Provider;
- In any electronic devices (that will be Password protected).
- Data encryption of storage devices will be installed.
- We are committed to ensuring that information is only used for legitimate purposes with Candidate consent and only by authorised employees of our agency.
Participation of Individuals / Complaints
- Candidates are entitled access to, and to correct any information held by us.
- Complaints should be submitted in writing to the Information Officer for Resolution.
- Requests to Access, Correct or Delete information must be made on the attached Annexures 1 and 2 and submitted to the Information Officer.
- The Board/Management and Information Officer are responsible for ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- All employees and individuals directly associated with recruiting activities will be trained in the regulatory requirements governing the protection of Personal Information.
- We will conduct periodic reviews and audits, where appropriate, to ensure compliance with this policy and guidelines.
- Breach/es of this policy could result in disciplinary action and termination of employment.
- Objection to Processing of Personal Information
- Request to Access/Correct/Delete Personal Information
PATON PERSONNEL (PTY) LTD
PO Box 411923, Craighall, Johannesburg, 2024
4th Floor, Hyde Park Corner, Jan Smuts Avenue, Hyde Park, 2196
011 325 5400
Email address CEO or Information Officer:
[email protected] (Information Officer)